Outsource Fleet Services is a financially stable and growing business that was established in 1992. Today we service customers across the United States. We currently have an opening at our Bedford Park location for a Mobile Diesel Mechanic in and around the Elk Grove Village area.
|Location:||6363 W. 73rd Street, Bedford Park, Illinois 60638|
|Job Type:||Skilled Labor|
|Experience:||Minimum 4 years|
|Skill Level:||Mechanic Technician II|
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Post Secondary Certificate or training in mechanics preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience in general heavy-duty truck and/or trailer repair.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on suspensions
- Experience in aluminum and steel welding
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in hydraulic and electric brakes
- ASE 609 Qualified
- Any ASE Qualification a plus
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to frequently lift or carry parts in excess of 75 lbs. Ability to assume positions on and under vehicles while performing repairs. Must be able to pass a physical.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record. Class A driver’s license preferred.
- Own necessary basic tools. Mechanic must furnish all hand tools up to and including 3/4".
- Ability to work outside.
- Direct deposit available.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage available.
- 401K available.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Individual quarterly productivity bonus program.
- Large, clean working environment.
- Uniforms provided.
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunction(s).
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment under manufacturer & DOT specifications.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and filter replacements.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and coil spring systems, and Hendrickson walking beam type suspension systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems, steering systems, air conditioning, PTO’S and custom exhaust systems.
- Adjust, remove and replace clutches and drivelines.
- Troubleshoot and repair diesel and gasoline engines.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer hitches, pintle hooks, auxiliary axles and frames.
- Perform front axle king pin and bushing repairs.
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Inspect orders for completion and quality before presentation or delivery to customers
- Provide customers with preventative maintenance solution, whenever appropriate.
- Utilize machinery in order to repair or fabricate.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Understand and follow the minimum periodic inspection standards listed in the FMCSR.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.